Product InformationWith this kit you’ll discover the fastest and most fun way to make crepes and pancakes at home.
- a Batter Shaker for preparing the batter quickly and effortlessly;
- a Spatula for flipping your crepes and pancakes and getting perfect results.
Includes delicious recipes that will inspire you.
*Frying pan not included.
- Material: Batter shaker: PP + SAN + Silicone | Turner spatula: 100% Platinum Silicone + TPE + ABS
- Dimensions: Batter shaker: mm ø88 - H214 | Turner spatula: mm L309 - W81 - H31
- Temperature: -20ºC / +100ºC
- Suitable for: Dishwasher, fridge
- Capacity: 700 ml
The Candlemas (Chandeleur day) is celebrated in France by making pancakes on the 2nd of february. This date corresponds to the presentation of Jesus to the temple, 40 days after Christmas, traditionnally celebrated with a candle procession. The pancake with its shape and colour represent the light halo of the candles and people believed if you did not prepare pancakes on Candlemas day the wheat of the picking would rot. Moreover you had to flip the pancake holding the pan with one hand and with two coins on the other; hen wraped the coins into the pancake and keep it for one year to finally give the coins the the poor the next year.
You can prepare salty crepes called "galette" with Buckwheat. Despite its name Buckwheat is actually no considered as wheat as it is not a grass indeed it is related to sorrel, knotweed, and rhubarb.