Product InformationPreparing healthy fermented vegetables at home is easier than you think! Fermented vegetables provide multiple health benefits, such as reinforcing the immune system and intestinal flora, and increase bacterial diversity.
With the Kit Pickles, you will have everything you need to create the ideal anaerobic environment for fermentation. It includes:
- 2 glass jars (700-ml / 24 fl oz) with exclusive Lékué lid and valve.
- 2 adjustable pressing discs.
- Dual purpose tongs, to press and serve.
The adjustable pressing disc keeps food submerged. On the lid, the silicone valve allows the excess CO2 generated during the fermentation process to escape, ensuring the best results. Thanks to its unique design on the market, you will be able to stack and store the jars during the fermentation process. Non-slip lid. Resistant, anti-odour glass.
Check out the full Veggie Lovers collection!
Fermentation creates an anaerobic environment that activates the acidifying bacteria present in vegetables, favouring the creation of lactic acid, rich in healthy probiotics. This environment eliminates harmful bacteria and generates acids that help to preserve food. Benefits:
- Aids digestion and food absorption.
- Improves nutrient absorption.
- Preserves food without losing nutritional value.
- Helps to increase our bacterial diversity and restore the natural balance of internal flora.
- Improves gluten digestion.
- Strengthens the immune system.
1. Process the vegetables uniformly (diced, sliced, chopped or whole).
2. Prepare the brine by dissolving 15 g/0,5 oz of salt for every 200 g/7 oz of water.
3. Place the vegetables inside the jar. Add your desired seasoning.
4. Cover with the brine. It is important that the vegetables are completely submerged in the liquid.
5. Press the vegetables down with the pressing disc.
6. Leave to ferment according to your preferences at room temperature and in a dark place.