600 g veal for stewing
200 g potato (1 medium potato)
100 g onion (1 small onion)
100 g carrot (1 large carrot)
100 g peas
750 ml water or chicken stock
Extra virgin olive oil
Do it this way
1. Cut the veal into cubes of about 3 cm, season with salt and pepper, coat lightly with flour and place in the tray. Dress with olive oil to taste.
2. Cook in the oven without covering for 15 minutes at 200ºC until golden.
3. While the meat browns, finely chop the onion (brunoise) and cut the carrot into slices.
4. Peel and chop the potato and set aside.
5. Once the meat has browned, spread the onion and carrot over it. Cover the tray and cook in the oven for a further 15 minutes at 200ºC.
6. Add the water or chicken stock and a little thyme and salt to taste. Return the covered tray to the oven for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Finally, add the chopped potatoes and the peas, cover and cook for a further 30 minutes at 200ºC.
What you need
Don't keep the secret, share Stewed Veal With Spring Vegetables (serves 4)